Seven ways to bring autumn indoors
Who doesn’t love the look and feel of Autumn? It’s the perfect time to take in nature’s amazing colours and be inspired! Autumn hues are also an amazing antidote to ease us into the long and sometimes gloomy winter days that lie ahead.
To bring autumn colours indoors, try these 7 great decorating tips.
- Enhance your new home’s neutral tones with pops of colour inspired by nature. Try hues of green and brown and bring them to life with earthy reds and rusts
- Make it cosy. Update your cushion covers, add fluffy or knitted throws and a floor rug – all in autumn hues – to enhance the feeling of warmth and cosiness in your home.
- Bring in a little nostalgia by including some ‘granny chic’ or ‘grandmillennial’ touches (where old becomes new). Choose a few vintage pieces, crocheted blankets or florals.
- Update your artworks. Choose pieces that create the mood you’re going for and reflect your autumn colour palette.
- Embrace the season of change by bringing the outdoors in. Start by adding a touch of green. If you have deciduous plants in your garden, bring the look inside by adding pieces that complement the red and golden tones of their leaves.
- Soften your lighting by changing cool white bulbs to warm light and adding candles. This will create a sense of comfort and security that not only matches the coming season but will leave you feeling warm, cosy and safe.
- To compliment your already inviting colour palette, give your home a dash of ‘wow factor’ by adding copper fittings or accessories such as light fittings, handles, taps and small appliances.
The ZAC Homes difference
With ZAC Homes, you get more than a builder. You get a partner to support you in creating a home that’s a haven with our in-house interior designer available to help you. Find out more by getting in touch or visit our display homes.